How to win contests online
There are a few basic things you can do to increase your chances of winning a contest or sweepstakes online.
1. Stay organized by keeping a list of all the contests you enter on a worksheet (at minimum)
2. Read the rules thoroughly for each contest
3. Enter contests in this order: local, national, international
4. Keep your mailbox caught up and delete the spam so contest emails are easy to identify
5. Look for contests everywhere and take advantage of contest groupings like the one found at The Contests & Giveaways Blogroll. In order to win, you must consistently enter the contests.
6. Get a form filling program...Having never used a password manager or form filling program, I'm hesitant to try because a compromised master password renders all of the protected passwords vulnerable. However, since having one makes a huge difference in the number of sweepstakes/contests you can enter, it is worth giving a good test. The difference in performance ranges from 15 manually entered or 100 with a form filling program PER HOUR...big difference. Maybe this is why I never win? LOL
Google has a free toolbar that includes this feature downloadable here or at http://www.google.ca/intl/en/options/
You can also purchase several upgraded versions at RoboForm at http://www.roboform.com/?affid=lid54
A helpful hint: Single entry vs. daily entry sweepstakes/contests
The contests that allow you to enter daily gives better odds of you winning because most people do not come back every day to enter. They feel it is too much of a bother to do it daily. There is an exception...Contests that require you to send a photo or write a story are worth the effort because those activities take even more time and even less people participate so the odds of winning are greatly increased.